Linked to our issue with our ‘delightful’ unwanted spammers is this brief but equally frustrating message that I know a few of you are getting as you try to leave comments for your fellow AIS-R colleagues and/or other Coetail bloggers …..
Of course I can’t share with you what the “spammy words” are but I can share with you the following things that could potentially get your comment identified as spam.
- Acronyms – (I know, they are so prevalent in Education! But avoid using them if you can!)
- Words in capitals for emphasis – (our anti-spam plugins don’t like it when you “shout”)
- More than two (2) hyperlinks in your comment – (typical spammer technique)
- Posting too many comments to Coetail blogs in a short space of time – (don’t leave your commenting to do all at once!)
Tried all these things BUT it still won’t let you post that comment?
Here’s what you can do next: Copy your comment into an email to the blog author (usually a fellow AIS-R colleague). Make sure you cc me in the email and send it. (If it’s outside AIS-R and you don’t know/can’t find the author’s email, just email me so I see the comment content)
On your GradeSheet add the following:
- In the Name of Blog space, paste hyperlink the post you wanted to comment on.
- In the Comment URL space, type “emailed author & Chrissy”
- Add the date posted (like you usually do)
I’ll be able to grade/give feedback on your comment because I’ve seen the content and will know the post that you are talking about.